Thursday, June 4, 2009

Last visit at orphanage

The last couple of days have been rough knowing that Thursday's visit was going to be the last. We did see swan lake which was really beautiful, but hard to enjoy since I cried through half of it. I did pull it together b/c I wanted to enjoy the time I had left with him. He definitely recognizes me and smiles when he sees me. They had to take him away for awhile to change his diaper and he cried when they took him. Actually they had him for awhile b/c there was some doubt whether his diaper was really wet. I had to show my soaked pants to prove this was truly the case . When they finally brought him back, I got to feed him--normally something I really love , but a little stressful when you have 3 people helping you to feed him. I was so relieved when he had finished eating and I could just play with him b/c I seemed to be Ok with that. By the time I left, all the muscles in my back were in knots. It is a sad and upsetting as you might think it is to have to leave him in a place you feel is not the ideal. I was fine until they asked me if it was hard to leave. I am a little concerned b/c his legs are so weak. I am hoping that this is just from not getting enough experiences using them, but am going to be concerned until I can get him home and evaluated. This also doesn't help knowing that this will not happen yet. It was a very long and draining day--the ride over was 3 1/2 hours and 4 on the way back b/c of the rain and traffic. I packed as soon as I got back and now am ready to go b/c the sooner I get home, the sooner I get back. I have one more paper to sign ( Michele, warm up your pen) and then one more trip to county clerk and apostille! Once again, pray for a quick court date and the little Vladimir's legs will be fine.

4 comments:

  1. Cindy--Very emotional. I can't wait until you can get back there and take him home! Have a good trip back and I'll see you Friday. I can't wait to talk to you live and see pictures.

    I have read so many stories about babies making such great strides once they are in a permanent home. I am sure he will be one of them and soon we will have him hiking up the Holt trail with his cousins.

    I just can't wait until he is here!!!!

    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't even imagine all the emotional stress you have been through these last few days. I will keep you and Vladimir in my prayers. Safe trip home! Before you know it you will be back again but this time you will be leaving with him! I get all choked up just thinking about it. I think you two were meant to be together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindy,

    My heart goes out to you. I will pray for a quick date but Cindy I am so happy for you at the same time knowing that you are a Mom and Vlad gets to have you in his life in the best way of all. SOunds like you could use a massage, good sleep and a time machine. LOve KAthy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cindy,
    I know what you're going thru in leaving your little angel behind but keep thinking about the next time he'll be in your arms. With your love and support he'll blossom so quickly it will surprise you!!
    Linda K.

    ReplyDelete