Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Stressful day at the notary

We had a stressful day at the notary today. First, I didn't know that I had to bring my passport, so we had to go back to the hotel to get. Then I signed on the wrong line, so the form had to be reprinted, so I could sign again. Then the notary realized that I used black ink and it had to be signed in blue, so another form had to be printed. By the time I got out of there, I was shaking and was ready for one of those $2.00 beers. Now it is naptime until Swan Lake. Tomorrow will be my final visit to the orphanage, which makes me a little sick to think about. I did ask if I could stay and volunteer at the orphanage--I told them I was very good at cleaning and taking care of children, but they very nicely said it wasn't allowed, so I will regretfully be coming home until my court date. I did tell them that I did not want Vladimir reaching any more developmental milestones until I get back--no crawling or walking although I said that creeping and sitting up was fine. Just say a prayer that it will be sooner rather than later!

6 comments:

  1. Ok future advice for Russia. Never go ANYWHERE without your passport!!! I was surprised at how often they wanted it.

    Sounds like great visits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You put a lump in my throat. You are such a great Mom. Every day you are getting closer to bringing him home. He sounds adorable and so are you. Hang in there and have a great visit tomorrow. Love,Val

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck tomorrow and have a great visit. It will be hard to leave him--be strong. We'll all be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your visit tomorrow. It will be tough not to stress out but you want all super happy memories to bring home with you! And speaking from experience, bring lots of tissues...
    PS-Hope your Dad is enjoying this experience

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cindy,

    Sounds like a 2.00 beer was in order and we are surely getting a taste of waiting- but nothing like you BUT remember your pen BELIEVE. My heart will be with you tomorrow.Love Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cindy,

    Mike, Graham and I are all thinking about you and sending lots of love and good wishes your way. We know today is going to be a bittersweet day for you, but you'll have incredibly special memories until you finally bring that beautiful little baby home with you. Please give him a big squeeze for us!

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete