Thursday, July 9, 2009

Arrived in St. Pete's

It is 4 am on Friday morning. We arrived in St. Pete's late yesterday afternoon. Our first flight over was great. We got bulk head seats, which made a huge difference, the food was delicious ( thanks to Air France), wine with the meal was free, and a 7 and a half hour flight only took 6 hours. It could not have been better! The second flight was not so good--we were supposed to get an aisle and window seat in same row--hoping no one would take the middle seat--and we ended up with two window seats. The food was awful and the final straw was that my seat did not recline. We decided to move and got two aisle seats in rows with only 1 person. That 3 hours flight seemed longer than the 6 hour one!

We were too tired do sightseeing yesterday, so napped and then went to dinner. Had a great meal and met a guy whose English was very good--he helped us order, which was nice. The food was delicious, but by 9pm I was ready for bed. We will be touring the city today, which I am looking forward to. The hotel is in the city but several miles from historic sites. There are boat tours of the city that we are going to try to take tonight, which are supposed to be very beautiful.

I am looking forward to seeing the city, but really cannot wait until Monday to see the baby and see if he recognizes me to see how he is--if he looks much bigger and still makes those cute faces.

I still can't believe that I am here and will be coming home with a child--it still isn't entirely real yet.

5 comments:

  1. CIndy,

    This is my second attempt to post a comment!!!!Let me kno if they are coming through.Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy,

    Okay things seem to be straightened out with posting comments. I sent you a couple of emails to your regular email address because I was getting stuff from you via that account but let me repeat myself :-) Everything at home is fine. Packages came that you were expecting and I brought them in. I am going over on SUnday if the gardener comes to oversee him a little and sit in the rocking chair and dream. Will also bring Vinny who I know will enjoy seeing the baby's room.Post as soon as you see him. Love Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to hear how Monday goes. I am so excited for you to see your baby! I hope I can check the blog while I am away. I will be thinking of you! Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck!! Can't wait to hear how things go!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great! I wanted to go to St. Pete so bad for a tour but we just couldn't squeeze it into our schedule!

    ReplyDelete