Monday, July 20, 2009

one more day until my next visit

I get to go back to the orphanage tomorrow--finally! It is not easy being here for so long without seeing the baby. We will be in Russia two weeks tomorrow with another week and a half until we are home. The hotel has a cat that comes to breakfast every morning and it makes me miss Max and Ruby. It is a long time to be away from my pets and a long time for them too.

We are going on a 5 hour hike today--I hope I will do OK since I have been doing nothing but sitting around and reading. I have a new appreciation for John Grisham! I am sure that by the time this hike is over, I will be thrilled to get back to the hotel room and just sit and read! I am hoping that in 4 days that I will have no time to read as I will be hopefully entertaining the baby!

Thanks to all who posted comments--I really appreciate it b/c it makes me feel like others are here with me. Dan--loved your comment! Cindy

2 comments:

  1. CIndy,

    I am checking on Max every two days but I am sure he misses you. I sit with him in the rocker and scratch his back and look at the baby's room and talk to him about what is going to happen soon. He will be glad to see you :-) Let me know how you felt after the hike.Love Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm guessing that Max and Ruby are cats, I always miss my two cats when I'm away from home. After a bit of thinking, and readind other's comments, I've decided that the best bucket list doesn't consist of a list of tasks to be checked off, but rather of names of people that you have invested yourself into. And people that you can say you have truly opened up to so that they can invest themselves into your life also. In the end no one will care whether I've bungy jumped or not (thank goodness) or traveled the world.
    Really glad to hear that you have another visit with your son coming up soon.

    ReplyDelete