Sunday, July 12, 2009

Visit back to orphanage

I saw Vladimir yesterday--we went to orphanage about an hour after we landed. Even though I was tired, I was happy that I was going to see him. He smiled right away when he saw me and it was the biggest, sweetest smile and even the orphanage worker commented on it. I was happy to see that he still is small and looks like a baby, but he does seem older b/c he can sit up on his own. One of the orphange workers came in to update me on his progress and told me that he loves that picture cube that I left for him and plays with it all the time. He did say his first word when I was there--it was baby talk and so cute. He also giggled really loud when I tickled him.
His legs are much stronger b/c when I pull him up he can stand. He is not walking yet, but I am very glad about that. I want him to crawl for a few more months b/c I think that is so cute.

I just cannot wait until I can leave the orphanage with him--that will be the most exciting day! I have court tomorrow at 2pm and if all goes well than 10 days from tomorrow he will really be mine. Say a prayer that all goes well.

1 comment:

  1. Cindy,

    I have been checking every few hours hoping there will be a post fromyou so I was SO excited when I saw this. I can only imagine how happy you were with that smile! Our prayers are with you. Miss you lots. Love KAthy

    ReplyDelete