Wednesday, July 22, 2009

First car ride and final visit

I had my final visit today --the next time I go to the orphanage will be to pick him up and take him home. I cannot believe it is finally happening and now feels very close. We got to take him out of the orphanage and take him to the photographer to get his picture taken. It was very exciting to take him in the car because it was the first time he was ever in the car. We kept saying we wonder what he was thinking. He was fascinated with everything--looking all around inside the car and watching as things went by. He also really enjoyed looking at everything in the photographer's office. I didn't seem the least bit scared or nervous--just very interested! When we were in the car, I remember thinking to myself that I wish that we could just keep driving and not return--I was ready to kidnap him!

When we got back to orphanage we went back inside to play with toys and he was going nuts crawling from one toys to the next to play with them. He just loves the toys! He really enjoyed the stuffed animal that sang Russian song and would bang his head against the stuffed animal's when he got excited. When the worker came to pick him up, I just thought to myself that this will be the last time that I will ever have to give him back and am so happy about that. The whole drive home, I was thinking that the next time I drive home, he will be will us--a very strange feeling--I just can't believe it and cannot wait to go get him.

4 comments:

  1. HI Cindy,
    YOU brought tears to my eyes. I'm so happy for you both! I was picturing this cute little boy looking out the car window for the first time. How exciting for you both. He sounds so so so cute! God bless you both tomorrow on the happiest day ever! Love,Val

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading your post brought back all those memories of the day we picked up our children...and believe me when that moment finally arrives it's every bit as exciting as you thought it would be! Enjoy every bit of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting! Isn't it amazing to see their reactions? My mom and I have said the same thing about Tatiana sometimes when she's just having so much fun and playing really hard. I wonder what she thinks about all this. For a child who spent all their time in 1 room -- what goes through their heads when they start to experience the WORLD!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cindy--So exciting! It's thursday now and by the time I wake up tommorow you will have him. That will be so amazing. I can't wait to meet him and that is only 1 week away!! Give my new nephew a kiss for me (or three or four).

    ReplyDelete