Friday, July 24, 2009

Our first day

just a quick update--Nikolay did great last night. We didn't get home until 10pm--he seemed a little apprehensive when we first go to the hotel, but when we got to the room and saw the toys on the ground, he was fine. He loved crawling around and playing with everything. I rocked him to sleep around 11pm and put him in the crib and he was fine. He did wake up crying once and I took him out of the crib and rocked him and let him sleep with me until he was sound asleep and then put him back in the crib.

When he woke up this am, his eyes got huge when he saw me and then he smiled. It was so cute. He was also very happy to see the frog blanket and was smiling at that.

He is doing so well! He smiles and talks so much more here than at the orphanage. He is perfectly happy just to be on the ground playing with the toys. He has liked all the food I have given him and loves the bottle. He likes to play with my hair and put his fingers in my mouth when he has his bottle and he curls his legs and feet around my arms. It is unbelievable how happy and comfortable he seems.

He took a long nap this morning and I took a short one. I couldn't fall asleep last night b/c I was worried that he would wake up and be scared. I fell asleep for a short time this morning. Hopefully, I will sleep better tonight.

I will post more later--we are going to take him outside now.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds great Cindy. I have been wathing the blog hoping you would have time to post something and so glad to find news this morning.Sending hugs and hope you get a good night's sleep.Kathy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy,
    Mary and I read about Nikolays first day together. It sounds like he is doing really well. I am so glad to hear about how easily he is adjusting. I kept checking email and the blog yesterday dying to know how it was going. we cant until he gets back so we can meet him.
    Jennie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Cindy - he sounds precious - and you sound so happy and so proud!!! I love the way your describing all his actions and activities and reactions and expressions - I wish I had thought to keep a blog or something of this kind of record when my kids were younger - I'm reliving vicariously through you - thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I don't think that I slept much the first night we had the kids with us either. Hope you are sleeping more soundly now.

    ReplyDelete